Thursday, August 23, 2007

There will be consequences

Saturday's race hasn't been sitting well these last few days. I made some BAD tactical decisions early in the race and then had a complete physical melt down. No excuses, it was a bad day.

As I started my ride today I decided to try and get it out of my system...time for a little penance to the bike racing deities, or Italian Tune Up if you prefer. An hour and forty minutes later I'd burned 1600 kcals and set a new personal best 1 hour average power (which included a short 3 minute descent).

I feel cleansed.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I had a race like that earlier in the year. It is hard to forget.

Good job on the PB.

Ron Castia said...

You guys ride smart this weekend, San Ardo always ends in a field sprint.

Save a few matches for the end.