Wednesday, August 22, 2007

not so Great America

I'll admit it...amusement parks are not my favorite. Crowds, high prices, spinning rides, crappy food - you get the picture. But Little M wanted to go once this summer and summer is almost over (you noticed right?). After 24 years in the Bay Area this was my first trip to Great America. It'd be all right by me if another 24 years go by before I go again ;).

I think we enjoyed shooting the Geysers at the Roaring Rapids riders the most.

In spite of my aversion to amusement parks Little M and I had a great day together. We always do.

Stay tuned for other end of summer adventures!

6 comments:

~ lauren said...

oooh, great america!

so far, my kids don't even know what it is so i think we're in the clear for a while.

X Bunny said...

the few times i've spent at GA, i am either nauseous or actively trying not to throw up

EB said...

If she ever gets a hankerin' to go to 6 Flags I'd be happy to chaperone...I've been trying to get Mr. Man to go for ages!

Itinerant Rick said...

We live maybe 3 miles at most from Great America and I actively avoid it. I think I lost the theme park drive when I was real young. I am about the only adult I know of that has never been to a Disney theme park , and have no desire to do so.

Merkeley Bike said...

Normally I'm ok on coasters but yesterday I couldn't take much. Maybe I'm getting old ;>.

I was most stunned by the price of everything. Holy Benjamin Franklins Batman, you can spend some serious money at that place.

Panda: we'll go to Six Flags with you sometime. We used to go when it was still Marine World.

Rick: A hasn't been to DisneyLand. Maybe we should take you both down there for a little educational excursion. We could work in a little detox bike ride afterward.

Unknown said...

WOAH! I thought Mt. Rushmore was in South Dakota! Did they, like, move it or something?

... at least they don't torture whales and sea lions at great america.