Sunday, August 26, 2007

Need serious advice

My lips are getting all freckly. They're always sun burnt and these freckles don't seem healthy. Attractive? No.


Anyone have the solution for sun burnt lips for the avid cyclist? And don't tell me to ride with chapstick and reapply as necessary. I know that part. But nothing seems to stick, so to speak.

I found many options, but I just can't decide. Hence, I'm soliciting some advice. I'm considering showing up to the Giro in one of these if I can just figure out which one is most 'me'. Ha!


6 comments:

chatterbox said...

You need a seriously phredly visor for your helmet - maybe with a 6" throw!

Kimberly (aka. DrKim) said...

if you don't mind getting crap stuck in your lip gloss (i.e. not appropriate for dusty races)...I found the really tacky glosses stay on. I.e. juicy tubes or Bobbi brown. Isn't that girly of me!

On another note--it was fun to race with you on sat. Congrats on your fine finish.

Itinerant Rick said...

A - not sure if any of these are you, but the one problem they all have is they block off the air intakes. Need to find you a cover with some good intake manifolds so your engine gets sufficient oxygen.

Ippoc Amic said...

that mask is kind of cute...but there are probably blind spots...not good in a crit...

place_holder said...

have you tried a really high spf lip balm? the best place to shop for it would be a surf shop. i believe they all are 30+ spf at least.

Allison Krasnow said...

I get to wear a phredly visor (which I have NO idea where to find...but it sounds like something my middle school kids might know), AND look sexy with lip gloss, AND have a hidden oxygen tank under the mask, AND crash a lot from not being able to see, AND shop at a surf shop.

This has become a very hip issue. I'm psyched!