Friday, August 18, 2006

Crazy Runners...

I can't say running has every been my favorite sport. Sure, I logged plenty of miles in my Triathlon days. Without a doubt, it's one of the most convenient ways to get in a workout. In my looming 'off' season I'm sure I'll pull on the running shoes and someday it would feel good to complete a marathon. But I've never experienced a 'runner's high' and I would much rather ride my bike or swim than run. So when I see suff like this it seems like some crazy shyte!

5 comments:

Chico Cyclist said...

Yikes. That's nuts. I ran in a few 10k events a few years back and that was just enough for me to know that running wasn't really my first love. But 50 marathons in 50 days? That is just completely insane. How does his body hold up???

Gianni said...

Marketing.

Chico Cyclist said...

Alicat! It was great to finally meet you yesterday at the race. Your bike rules!!!! I was sorry Merkeley could not be there - wanted to say HI to him too.

And I'm a dork - I was so awestruck by your bicycle, I didn't even ask how you did in the race! How did you do???

Allison Krasnow said...

cc: Greay to meet you. You're too funny. Despite a very comfortable ride, the moots hasn't exactly made me a racing champion. It's definitely the engine, and mine seems to be on vacation.

I did ok, 14th. Tried to attack with 2 others with about 5 miles to go, but we were brought back. I then waited for the sprint...had great position, about 6th place going into the hill, wheel surfed as people popped for the first 1/3 of the hill, and then just didn't have the legs to finish off the uphill sprint. Alas. It was a fun day with many of my favorite 4s from other teams racing too so we had a blast.

I look forward to catching up more soon.

Anonymous said...

I saw Dean give a talk at an REI store thing - he is a gifted human being...