Wednesday, December 27, 2006

You're it...

OK, we were tagged many days ago, but haven't found the time to conspire on a post.

We're adding our own twist. Here are 10 things which we don't think you know about us, but we aren't telling which of us they apply to. That's the job of your inquiring minds:



1) "I" have lived all but 4 years of my life within 5 miles of interstate 80.

2) "I" once killed a guinea pig which was later served to me for dinner.

3) "I" was high school math student of the year.

4) In middle school "I" was bussed to the high school for math classes with 4 other students. We regularly we able to bribe the school bus driver to take us out for breakfast at a local diner, causing us to miss English class back at middle school.

5) On several occasions "I" went to my high school English class having put back a few.

6) "I" hate, truly hate being on the ocean. It's pretty and all, but I have had far too many sea-sick moments. Once, on a trip to the Galapagos, I threw up over 20 times in one evening.

7) One of "my" favorite memories is encountering a hammerhead shark on a night dive in Belize. Having read #7, I apparently won't be bringing my partner to join me next time.

8) Once, while riding my bike, "I" noticed that the quick release looked open. Lifting up on the handle bars, watching the front wheel fall off, I realized that I was right.

9) Of the 2000+ starters in Ironman Utah, "I" was one of less than 50 racers to finish the swim. Six foot swells caused race organizers to pull everyone out of the water about 5 min. after the race had begun. I was close enough to the lead group at the time that I had no idea. By mid-race, all the buoys had uprooted from the bottom of the lake and drifted away. Our small pack stayed together, did the turn around (it was an out and back 2.4 mile swim), and landed back at some distant shore. It was a 20min. drive from where we landed to get us back to the race start. The swim was officially cancelled and hours later the course was re-opened as a duathalon. This was the one and only year of Ironman Utah.

10) We're always willing to try new foods. Between us we've eaten grasshopper, ants, alligator, guinea pig, the lining of a pig's stomach, sweet breads, raw sea snails, and snails cooked up from our California garden.

You're it...Panda, Ms. Frost, Chico Cyclist, Little Pedals, Dr. X

And we're back to Jackson Hole for a week of skiing with "my" family. Those of you who followed our blogs of our trip there this summer won't be disappointed.

8 comments:

EB said...

Wow...I think I know about 50%, but now I'm afraid to guess.

I may have to go back & re-think this whole game of tag!

Ron Castia said...

I think the throwing up 20 times was from the raw sea snails, not the sea.

YUCK!

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

love the "".

Gianni said...

My guess-
M- 1,2,7,8
A-3,4,5,6,9

I like this twist!

Were we sposed to guess out loud?
I can't help it.

Allison Krasnow said...

BBelf: which 50% do you know?
NA: dude, it was all about the sea. it has happened to me more than once. Yuck is right.
Le Petit: Today was sunny and 6 inches of powder. We're happy campers.
Olaf: Yep, ya know, dare to be different.
Gianni:For Merkeley, you got 3 out of 4. For me, you got 3 out of 5. Not bad. We'll let you re-do your guesses. Maybe BBelf will weigh in as I'm sure she knows some of mine.

EB said...

Okay, my official guesses are:
Alicat: 2, 3, 4, 6, 9
Merkeley: 1, 5, 7, 8
and 10 kinda counts for both, but by the numbers Merkeley wrote it.

If I'm right about #2 I might even have a guess as to where it happened...

Allison Krasnow said...

bbelf: you're the closest yet. (guess all those miles of cycling together have paid off!)

but 3 and 4 were there to trick you. one is mine and one is his...two math dorks, we are

EB said...

In that case, I'll say 3 is Merkeley and 4 is Alicat.