Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Motivational Crisis...


I checked my workout again this morning. I don't know what I thought I would see...maybe I was hoping the Couch Potato Fairies might have visited during the night and changed my workout to:

Watch the Giro and sip cappuccini.

No such luck. There it was 5 x 7 min Z4 climbing ...Hillervals (or perhaps Hellervals) followed by another half hour of Z2 climbing. With remnants of Monday and Tuesday still floating around in my legs I knew it wouldn't be fun....it wasn't.

7 comments:

EB said...

Yeowch!

You've earned the right to sip a cap & watch the big boys battle up those other hills. Have you heard about stage 17? Woof!

Allison Krasnow said...

do i sense a twinge of jealously that you aren't going to kern and hence didn't have 1 hour < zone 1 today?

i'll miss ya this weekend, my dear.

EB said...

Gawd, I'm doing Kern and now I feel a twinge of jealousy that I don't have that ride planned today!

diskzero said...

When I see workouts like that on my chart, I sort of blink my eyes and quickly look away. The dreaded day always arrives though.

Gianni said...

Come to Stock-town on Sunday and give yourself a reason to ride easy the rest of the week. I wanna see that savage sprint on round two!
Hills always pay off in spades.

Dr. Xeno said...

no wonder I'm on a 12 year plateau...

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

mmm ... zone 1