Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Da life of Da teacher



Teachable moment:


Why does the heatwave bring out the helmet-less climbers? All day today, up every hill, there were tons of cyclists with their damn helmets clipped onto their stem. That must be a pretty sweet stem to want to protect it with your helmet. If you're hot, take off your jersey. You'll look like a tool, but at least your noggin is safe. I should bike with this poster in a front basket or something to prove that wearing a helmet is hott (yes, the 2 T type of hot).


Newsflash...I now fit into my wedding dress again. Actually, I'm not sure I ever didn't fit into it, but we needed 3 friends to get the buttons closed as they have a large shank. I'm replacing the large shanks with smaller shanks on Monday. Good thing we're only talking buttons here or this post could get dirty.


Ok, enough of the shank-speak.


I just learned that there was a crash in the Bs at the track on Tuesday. Had we gone (which we actually considered doing, even though the wedding race-moritorium was signed in chocolate), there's a good chance we both woud have been racing in the Bs. Me for a 3rd race for fitness and Mike as his real race For everyone who laughed at my strict racing moritorium, I am now here to say I WAS RIGHT...the 4 week pre-wedding racing moritorium was a brilliant idea. BUT, we are heading there next Friday the 23rd to drink beer and heckle. Can't wait.


I have learned at the track that readership of this blog is much greater than the comments imply.

In math-speak: R>C

So, for all you commentless readers, we're organizing long group rides both days this weekend since we can't race Kern, or track, or Modesto, or anything, for that matter. If you promise not to crash into either of us, we'd love to have you for a 4 hour jaunt from Cole Coffee in Oakland, leaving 9:30 on Sat. and another one at 10:30 on Sunday. Shoot us an email or leave a comment here so we know to wait for you. We'll do Diablo Saturday if this heatwave goes away.

8 comments:

Gianni said...

I rode up Diablo helmetless today.

It was.... very nice.

I felt a little guilty, but the wind in the hair was very cool and addicting.

Then on the way down,helmet now safely affixed, the first car I had seen in a hour tried to sneak attack me from around a blind corner.

I'll see ya'll Saturday.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I would love to ride with both of you but I'll be at Kern. come to the track on the 3othandwe'll play

Margin Walker said...

Hey, I saw you on Skyline last night. My first Ali sighting in the wild. I'm pretty sure R>C is some universal rule; an axiom or something.

beth bikes! said...

i don't think i can physically ride more than an hour and a half.

that and i can't remember how to climb a hill.

hugs and kisses though-

-lazy track rider

Chris said...

The helmet thing is strange because it gets very hot here and I rarely see anyone without a helmet.

And speaking of helmets, I want a Limar. Shhhawwwinngg.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Alli! on your wedding! do show pix of the bot'les! glad i inspired them for you! ya, some day i'll be bahhhack... you look strong and gorgeous! ciao!

karla said...

hey - i might be up for a ride tomorrow if you guys are still planning on heading out at 10:30. Don't wait for me though - if I'm coming, I'll be there on time!

karla

Itinerant Rick said...

How come I have never seen that Limar ad?

Hope the rides were fun and safe. Wished I could have joined ya'll, but I spent Saturday and Sunday driving circles .... following all the Kern action.