Friday, October 12, 2007

Lost...

Somehow, during this whole surgery ordeal, I lost my belly button. The other day I was checking out my incission sites (they're still covered with transparent tape) and couldn't find my belly button. I got a little worried because this isn't usually a difficult task. Then, I noticed it had been glued shut! WTF?!!


At first I thought it was just splash over from the tape but it seems like too much glue. I'm pretty sure my surgeon must have some God complex and tries to make his patients Adam (or Eve). Man did he make a bad choice.

8 comments:

Ron Castia said...

I glued mine shut years ago.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

wow! my belly button is forever altered after my gall bladder surgery. but at least it's not glued shut.

okay, I'm niaive, but I don't get the Adam & Eve reference. I also can't spell niaive.

dblrider said...

VG - I think that since Adam and Eve weren't born, they were created, they don't have belly buttons. Seems a little strange to glue one shut, though.

Johnny GoFast said...

My wifeage wants to glue some things shut. The belly button is not on her list.

Ron Castia said...

Don't knock it until you have tried it.

Come on, try it, it's the new rage.

Merkeley Bike said...

Yes dbl, that's what I was thinking. I'd always assumed Adam was buttonless but I noticed that Michelangelo gave him one and one has to assume he was consulting the experts so maybe I'm wrong.

Nome I'm sure it cuts down on lint collection.

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

surgeon??!

damn, i didn't know you were going under the knife....

hope your recover goes well. and that it is just a temporary glue job...

X Bunny said...

belly buttons are kinda weird anyway