Monday, October 15, 2007

All Systems....

are go!!!


Saw the doc today for the post surgical exam. I didn't have much to report, seems like things are healing pretty well, pretty quick. Doc said the surgery was routine, did a quick exam, removed the tape and said I was done.


Here's what I learned:


  • Reinforcing mesh is a polypropelene material

  • Surgical staples are titanium corkscrews, about 1/8" long. I have 8.

  • I had hernias on both sides and both were repaired

  • Bellybuttons get glued by accident, "it's not a cult thing"


I asked specifically if I could ride my bike because at one point he said wait two weeks. Doc S responds


You can ride your bike but I wouldn't do anything CRAZY and climb Mt. Tam for your first ride.

I smiled and said 'Great, thanks doc'.


If he only knew.


Looks like the off season is about to end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is Great News M!

Ron Castia said...

Is your belly button still glued?

Merkeley Bike said...

No, it's back.