Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Star Studded...Kitchen?

Got a call from HGTV.com the other day. They were looking for a 'Green' house to use in a video spot and wondered if we'd let them use ours. Turns out our major remodel from a couple of years ago has put us on the list of Commie Greeno Sympathizers. I try to do my part for the Greenos so I said sure.

The crew shows up right on time, I give them the low down on the 'green' parts of our kitchen and then get out of the way. The scene is a realtor walking a client (realtor's girlfriend) through a 'Green Home' discussing the benefits of green building.

I thought they would be interested in the tankless water heater, denim insulation or low-e windows. Who knew low flow toilets and Energy Star appliances were the real draw. (Although they did spend a lot of time in the front yard talking about the Solar Panels.)
We'll let you know if we make it to broad band.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Tankless water heaters are great. I plan on replacing my tank as soon as it goes.

I have only really started my green efforts. First project was to replace every light bulb in the house with a flourescent. Not a huge project ($350), but a start at least.

Ron Castia said...

Very cool!
Keep us posted on air time and dates.

Emily said...

Definitely let me know when the show will air.

That's so cool they are going to feature your house.

EB said...

Nice! As a big fan of your kitchen (and the things it produces) I might have to start patronizing HGTV.

place_holder said...

Sweet!

HGTV is a cable tv show, yes?

Pleeeze, pleeeze YouTube the show or let me know the exact time so that I can tune in on one of those dorky cardio machines at my gym.

Merkeley Bike said...

I think they're just going to use the video for online content at HGTV.com. But we'll let you know when you can see it.

~ lauren said...

oh man! you guys have the neatest kitchen.

can't wait to see it when it's featured.