Sunday, September 16, 2007

Relishing in being OTB

I learned today that Coach Lisa has hired an East Bay spy to make sure that I'm off the bike, all honest-to-goodness-like. It's great. She's a really fun spy to hang out with and being around her might make me 1/10 of the sprinter that she is. Her man Roman's track bike ended up at our house so she came over with him tonight to retrieve it. Honestly, I think it was all part of the spying ploy to see if the jeans I had on while out to coffee in the AM had stayed on me til the PM. Something about keeping my pants on. And she sounded so genuine when she asked me all sorts of questions about where I had hiked today. That was good, Martina, very sly about the spying.


But ANYhoo, YES, I am OTB (that's off the bike, to you yahoos). Mike headed off to the track on Saturday while I headed off to yoga class. I'm lovin it!


The week has provided all sort of OTB opportunities:

* Pilates class begins tomorrow night to get my abs all ripped in case we decide to elope in Hawaii.

* I am RUNNING. Unlike this budding triathlete, I'm not gonna strap the aerobars back on. But, I love the trails at dawn and look forward to a few more weeks of it. But, man oh man, do my ankles and shins get sore.

*And my friend Sarah and I got all girlie on Friday afternoon while trying on wedding dresses which was loads of fun.

* The Spanish Sherry and cheese tasting class on Thursday night was quite educational, but Mike and I decided that we prefer red wine to sherry. I mean, we knew that already, but now that we've been educated, we're sure of it. But yes those are 3 wine classes surrounding my plate of cheese, quince, and figs. A good night, eh?

I could get used to this!

6 comments:

Gianni said...

It was a long season for you, the time off is well deserved.
I was just reminiscing about the Apple Pie race in the driving rain to someone..
You started kicking butt there and have really never stopped.
Nice!

Itinerant Rick said...

OTB is good. Getting some time to R&R, work different parts of the body and mind, visit with friends ... all good reasons to leave the bike sitting for a bit.

The sherry tasting setup looks like the setups at the Enoteca's in Italy; so much nicer than the standard winery tasting bar!

~ lauren said...

you so look happy and relaxed in that picture!

Emily said...

I am coming OTB on Saturday for a few weeks. Let's play!!

Hiking, yoga, pilates, wine tasting, etc. I am up for anything!

chatterbox said...

Enjoy the time off! You DO look relaxed!

EB said...

Ooooh, dress shopping! Find anything?