Monday, January 05, 2009

Boys on Bikes


The Metromint Men's team held their annual camp this weekend. Eighteen of us made the trek down to a quiet little region of the state near the tiny town (intersection really) of Lockwood. The roads were great; quiet, smooth and beautiful. On Day 1 we put in some big miles with lots of climbing during a trek through Fort Hunter Liggett out to the coast and back. Day 2 was a flatter tour southeast of Paso Robles with the normal boy shenanigans. The weather was cool but clear (yes that's frost on my saddle).


This was my first Men’s Camp and it was a blast! I’m looking forward to All Team Camp in a few weeks.




I still have some work to do before I’m on form but the boys in dots are going to have some weapons this year…brace yourselves ;).





3 comments:

Itinerant Rick said...

There seems to be a couple of folks out of uniform. They should be forced to wear full dot shorts for the first 3 months of the season ;-)

I love the coastside climb up Nacimiento-Ferguson. How much fire damage was visible along that route?

Merkeley Bike said...

It was a great climb. Fire damage was spotty. Some spots were completely ravaged and others looked fine.

They'll all be in dots soon enough ;).

Gianni said...

So so stoked.....

Wish I had headed down south with ya'll instead of abusing myself in Watsonville.

It's gonna be a good year.