Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bellas and Bellies

I owe a huge thanks to Erika and Linda for inviting me out to the Bella ride today. I learned a great lesson in the power of the group ride. Flashback to yesterday: Mike and I head out for a ride. I turn around at the top of Tunnel Road (5 miles from home) feeling fat and depressed that my belly has gotten so big that riding the road bike cuts off circulation in my legs. I ride home alone, lamenting the fact that this might be the last ride on my beloved Moots for the remaining 4 months of pregnancy.





A few hours later , in swoops Mike (from aformentioned ride), declaring that the Moots is ready to rumble on tomorrow's Velo Bella group ride. Mike has added spacers, flipped the stem, and tilted the handlebars up towards the heavens, allowing me to sit upright while I ride. Although it didn't look like this handlebar attachment, it felt about the same.




So, today, I was a new woman and clicked away 55 miles with a crew of fabulous Bellas and Left Coast women. I think I have about 3 weeks left with this current upright setup, and then I might have to hang her up and become friends with my new mountain bike.



5 comments:

Gianni said...

Heyyy, I know those porta-potties in the background!

Jimbobo came by my casa today after your husband and I beat ourselves up on the MTR and said he saw you riding around out this way, glad to see your still at it!

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

AWESOME!

Ippoc Amic said...

It was a really fun ride and glad you were riding with us. Erika will send you the pic with the porta potty p-shopped out.

marscat said...

that was a fun ride and i like that little Chow stop afta...perfect.

Itinerant Rick said...

Fabulous looking group.

And props to Mike for the quick reconfiguration so you can ride.