Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I Likes me Some Family Dinner Time

Is it just me, or did 2009 welcome in the year of the door-to-door solicitor?


We have LITERALLY had someone ring our doorbell every night this week between the hours of 6:00-7:00, asking for a donation to their cause: Peace Action Group; Young Democrats; students trying to raise money for college by selling magazines. It's all for a good cause, but after giving 8+ hours a day to molding 13-year-old mathematical minds of our angelic Berkeley youth, I just don't feel like I need to give after-hours as well. I give in a lot of ways, both financially and of my time. But damned if I'll give my time or money at 6:30pm in the middle of dinner.


EVERY NIGHT? I'm not sure how much longer I can take this. So, if you'd like to ask for my time or money, I'm all ears, but don't mess with my dinner, please.

2 comments:

Ippoc Amic said...

That happened at our place too, but we thought he was casing the joint.

Allison Krasnow said...

i just need to add that receiving an email today from the biden family, asking me to donate to help hillary pay back her campaign debt was, well...
very unclassy, as far as i'm concerned.
and with that, my rant is complete.