Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lauren's Life of Leisure

Lauren's Facebook update today, yearning for a life of leisure, prompted me to write this post. She's gonna kill me for this, but while riding earlier this week, I told her that I really admire her & Morgan for their balance of parenting and bike riding, so I'm hoping she'll eventually forgive me.


My Berkeley middle school is still looking to hire a few hearty souls for this upcoming school year. Applicants must be willing to endure a rigorous job-training program during the month of July:

First, mix one part of this:


With two parts of that



Then, retreat here

for summer book group reading.


Then, blend 5 parts of this


with 2 parts of that


Top it off with a lot of this,



and you've got yourself a job!


Job description can change without prior notice and there's no guarantee that October's work will resemble July's. Apply now for full summer benefits.



5 comments:

~ lauren said...

that DOES sound nice for the summer.

and my status now says that i can't remember.

i hope i didn't sound too cynical while riding that day. i realized after you'd turned that i'd basically dumped my "tired head" from that day, on you while we rode up.

and I really do think your hair looks cute long!

Itinerant Rick said...

Where do I apply? And why not try to make October like July?

chatterbox said...

everyone knows teachers pay for that 3 months off the rest of the year!

enjoy the rest of your leisure!

Velo Bella said...

So, during the rest of the months, can you just stick the children in a closet or something while you surf the net and read everyone's facebook updates?

~OKay, I almost can't post this cuz I can't figure out the wrod verification thingie....wow...even harder now.

clm said...

Wow, my kind of job!!!