Friday, June 20, 2008

AVC < Honeymoon

I have been pretending I'm not sick for many days now. Honestly, I'm not sick. But I've also been pretending that I'm not sick. Ok, maybe I'm a little bit sick.

I have been looking forward to racing with the big girls at AVC for many weeks now. But I pulled the plug this morning as this chest, head cold thingy just won't quit. I'd be happy to race, even though I'm not quite 100%, but this honeymoon thing sure would be a lot more fun if I could get rid of this lingering "I'm not really sick even though I am sick" vibe.

Mike complemented me on my decision as I normally totally ignore symptoms when I am sick and push on, pretending that my body is feeling fine.

So, honeymoon comes first. I mean, you only get one of those (although Mike would beg to differ. But he's not getting any more; nor am I). I am staying home tonight to take good care of myself so come Sunday, my nose can get the full bouquet of the French wine and cheese which are coming our way.

But man oh man, am I disappointed.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like a smart decision. Stay home, and rest, rest, rest ... and sleep.

You want to be well rested for your trip and the honeymoon. The racing will always be there when you get back.

chatterbox said...

Good decision! Get well. Suck down lots of Airborne on the plane. You'll be good as new in no time.