Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tis me

Stand back, Ali is here. It has been so long since I've blogged that I'm not sure how to do anything anymore. I have no idea how to add links or photos and am worried that you will all find my posts too dull. After spending 2 car rides and 3 races with Beth last night, I'm inspired to be mildly humerous, as that's what impresses me most about Beth. Well, it's also her quads.

As she mentioned earlier in her blog, (ooh...figured out the link) Beth's bike fell off our roof rack last night. The story is only funny NOW, as we know the happy ending...bike=fine; beth=fine; beth's quads=better than fine. The only thing which kept it attached to our car was the clippy thing which goes through the back wheel. We were having a lovely chat about the bling bling Oakland Raiders office on Bay Farm Island and the fact that the whole damn island will wash into the bay during the next earthquake when...BAM!...Beth's bike comes swinging by my window, dangling before me like a worm on a fishing rod. "No worries, it's steel," was Beth's comment. Luckily all was well and Beth even trusted us to leave the bike on the rack for the rest of the ride. And her bike was clearly fine as she beat me in both races :) I guess like Beth said, good thing it was steel.

Track racing was super fun last night as we had enough women for a women's race. Yea. It might not be quite as fun on Sunday as Saturday night the Mints are having a bachlorette party for Ms. Panda and me. Yea for the party. Not so sure how the next day of racing will be, but I'll come with crazy stories from the party, for sure. Stay tuned.

Last night = lots of attacking = throbbing quads
late last night=pint of ice cream + american idol + throbbing quads
today = many big gear climbing intervals...up big hill in big ring...le ouch = throbbing quads.
only one solution...MEASURE QUADS.

over and out as I'm off to find the tape measure.

7 comments:

chatterbox said...

throbbing = growing!

That was sooo much fun on Tuesday night. Glad to hear Beth's bike is OK. We had a similar incident with Rick's bike on 101 one time. This semi truck was honking at us, and we were wondering what it was all about...until we opened the moon-roof cover and saw Rick's bike dangling by the wheel. Le ooops.

Itinerant Rick said...

Ahhh Ms Chatterbox is telling tales out of school again. Actually, the reason we have the toaster it that the incident she mentions was our combined 3rd roof rack incident. She had two previous one's including a roof rack that detached and sailed along behind her on 101.

Track was very fun on Tuesday. Thanks for being such an animator. Your post reminded me of the event on Sunday. Guess I know my Sunday plans. Have a lot of fun on Saturday night; then I might have a chance on Sunday ;-)

You must have a DVR; you left Hellyer after us and had a longer drive, yet AI was over by the time we got home. But mango sorbet sounds really tasty!

X Bunny said...

well, we're all waiting for your measurement....!

beth bikes! said...

i should have been a third wheel and gone back to your house for ice cream and cuddling.

EB said...

Racing on Sunday? Are we going to the same party?? ;)

Allison Krasnow said...

chatterbox--growing quads is fine, my growing belly isn't working so well in my wedding dress which was fit a month ago when i was all svelt...gotta balance ice cream eating with dress wearing.

rick--no worries about me having fun on sat pm. i think we might have to have everyone in the Cs take a tequila shot on the wall to make it fair.

beth--AI and a pint of ice cream is our weekly tuesday night fare. you're welcome any time. thank god for TIVO.

panda--racing is in the pm on sunday. i'm hoping i've made it home by then from our fiesta :)

Itinerant Rick said...

That party last night must have been a bit longer/intense than you expected ;-) We missed you today. Lots o' fun even without the tequila shots at the rail.