Monday, April 07, 2008

Tiger by the tail...

I decided to try the Open M35+ race in Martinez this weekend. Wasn't sure I would be able to hang on, especially after racing with the E4 men earlier that morning. Ended up tail-gunning most of the race, trying my best to mind the gaps opening in front of me. A few of us were gapped by a mid-race crash but we managed to reconnect. I was happy to stay connected through the end of the race. Fun racing and smooth as olive oil through the turns but three crashes in the last three laps seems a bit excessive. I hope everyone heals up quickly.

2 comments:

Itinerant Rick said...

I have been surprised at the number of crashes in the open category fields. Think with all that experience that things would be safer.

And from watching you in the past I would assume you would not have much problem hanging with that group.

Dr. Xeno said...

Looked buttery yourself - I didn't see any of the crashes watching from turn 1 after my non-spectacular 15 minutes of racing. I just was thinking how much smoother it looked than the earlier race; you did indeed put yourself out there for that E4(5?) race. Hope to see you back at the front end of a race someday... not sure what my problem is this year.