Saturday, April 07, 2007

meandering thoughts


It's late and I'm not tired.

Jet lag is a brutal beast.


So I shall share the thoughts which are meandering through my brain on this penultimate evening of spring break, 2007.

* We had you fooled into thinking that our diets were for the upcoming bike racing seasons. Actually, we had fooled ourselves into thinking that too. We learned in Hawaii that our diets were actually in preparation for a glorious week of wine and treats with Mike's dear friends who live in Kauai and own a wedding cake business. It was so worth it!


* Mike thinks I'm going to hate wedding planning. He's usually right. But, I'm beginning to look forward to it. So maybe, just this once, he's not right. We'll see. But like I said, he's always right..

* After spending a week in Hawaii, doing a 2.5 hour ride on my TT bike Atalanta, this morning was a lot more painful than I had bargained for. I was so pained that I don't think Ms. Panda even recognized me when she passed me on San Pablo Dam Road. Did you?

* I think there are only 10 more weeks of school left until summer. Wow.

* Tomorrow is a big day for me. The Easter Bunny is visiting my home. Until I moved in with Mike, I had never been so lucky. This past week was always filled with matzoh meal and horseradish, but never the Easter Bunny. Little M. has warned us that she'll be bounding down the stairs early Sunday in search of eggs. I can't wait.

* How cool would it be to forgo wedding cake and have an Ici ice cream cake (or ice cream sandwiches) for our wedding?

* Has anyone complied a quote book from Jens? We just watched Criterium International and that man, per usual, has so much class. If there's a "Jens' Greatest Hits Album" out there, I want to know.

*Is it bedtime yet?

4 comments:

Chris said...

Wedding cakes remind me of our wedding planning. The only thing that I had an opinion on was the cake. I wanted chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I was vetoed on both. Ice cream cake would have been awesome too.

Jens did great and deserved to win. CSC is a tough tough team.

EB said...

I did! But not until you were almost past, because I was in my own little pain cave where my only words were "B's cassette, B's cassette." I did sit up, holler, wave and then tuck back in to chase after I saw you, though.

I think we were calling it "TT training..." :)

Emily Van Meter said...

Ice Cream cake it the best! Thanks for the comments! I really appreciate it and always feels better knowing someone out there is actually reading what I write! Yours is great as well! Have fun with the easter bunny...He's not coming to my house this year ;(. At least I got some chocolate!

~ lauren said...

if i could do it again, i'd a listened to morgan....

and gotten married up on top of mt. Tam in a field where everyone who could, would ride their bikes up to.

and then all the old people and babies and relatives and what not would have met us at the reception.

weddings are fun, but the planning is loooong and tiring.