Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Madera: Stage 0

Every year I forget how much prep and logistical stuff goes into stage races. While we're not racing much more than any other weekend somehow the logistical stuff seems to grow exponentially. This year we're trying to start early and make lists.

You know:

Clean Bikes
Tune Bikes
Extra Wheels
Buy Food
Make Packing List
...


And the packing list seems to be that much longer:
Cooler
Tent
Chairs
Tools
Spare parts
...blah, blah, blah
But it's going to be a great weekend...if we can fit all this stuff in the car.


7 comments:

EB said...

My big question is: what food? 'Cause, really, that's all I can think about right now...foooooooood...

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

ice


lots and lots of ice.


cool thyself down, first and fo'most.
- - -


and bring me a beer, yo.

Anonymous said...

panda! you are driving me nutty, i might pee on my pants - I've got so many laughs from you today!

Anonymous said...

is that possible? comment updated at the same exact time...but looks like OV beat me by the seconds...dang

Merkeley Bike said...

Beer!!!

Oh ya, gotta bring that!

Does Yakima make a beer carrier for the rooftop rack? I could stick it up there right next to the spare wheels.

Johnny GoFast said...

Give 'em hell. Don't get wrapped up in the whole "how am I doing on GC" thang and wait around for results. Velo Bob and quick results equals slow slow slow. Multiply that be three for the three stages and you may see the last iceberg melt.

Ippoc Amic said...

no kitties or pets on the list?

I think I'll print your list and just use it to make sure we have everything...thanks!