Saturday, February 10, 2007

Profound pre-dawn thoughts

It's been pouring all night. I woke up several times wondering why my committment to a teammate is overriding my sanity. Why am I waking up at dawn to race in the endless rain?


So here I sit at 6:45am, sipping a latte, munching on steel cut oats (cut with quinoa and bran flakes...god we're so berkeley!), and reading the Saturday Chronicle. The Datebook section has an article on a course being taught in San Jose this weekend.


Considering that in addition to crits, men are being hung by their skin this weekend, I guess our hobbies really aren't that bad. Even in the rain... Good lord!

7 comments:

~ lauren said...

sheesh, i'm having a problem at 11 am still deciding if i even want to ride outside today.

i'm a big fat baby.

hope the race was good!

Allison Krasnow said...

race was fun. got 3rd, but no pie. only for the winners. sheesh!

Gianni said...

You were very patient today- Nice work out there!

~ lauren said...

cool Ali! 3rd's great!

3rd deserves a pie for racing in the rain i think.

EB said...

If seventeenth made my day, I can't imagine what I'd do with third -- great job!

I saw that article on SFGate this morning, & it made me feel a lot better about the pain I was about to go through. Great day for a "suck it up" article like that ;).

X Bunny said...

i didn't race and that article is grossing me out

nightmares for sure tonight

good job you studettes!

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I got waxed today. Not sure which hurts more....crits or waxing!

Congrats on 3rd, my friend! And thanks for the compliment about the team.