Thursday, October 05, 2006

Rain getting you down?

I thought I had lost my desire to ride. Actually, for the last few days I had pretty much lost my desire to do anything after work besides sit on the couch and stare at the ceiling. Yesterday afternoon, I scooted home from work to go for a run, and was nabbed by the couch, which wouldn't release her grip. Finally, Mike set me free by suggesting that I go into the bedroom, close the door, do some yoga, and not come back out until I was my old happy self. It worked, temporarily, but I still went to bed at 8:20pm, a groggy, lethargic mess.

Yes, I know, it's that change of seasons where the days get shorter, the darkness creeps into both our workouts and our working hours, and it's just damn cold and wet. I know I'm not alone in feeling a bit of the rainy season blues .

Often, my meetings with colleagues to discuss some of our more troubled students make me realize that my blues ain't nothing compared to some of my students. I guess my rainy day blues don't compare to that crazy teen-age drama.

After school today, I went for a long ride. Ah yes, it's good to be back.

3 comments:

EB said...

Welcome back! The change in seasons is always a little rough on me, too...all summer I struggled with the heat, & now all I want is one more week of it. I'll make something summery for dinner on Tuesday.

My word verification includes the letters "sog".

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Instead of the blues, I call them bad hair days. We all have a different capacity to deal with (and definition of) them.

As a kid, a bad hair day might be that the class bully knocked your books out of your hand. It's the end of the world. As an adult, it might be that you can't make the mortgage. But the reality is that we know it isn't the end of the world.

Here's to good hair days!

Dr. Xeno said...

Rain? none over here yet... but a good dose of back to school blues.