Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Win or Lose...

the guy has class.

I'll admit it, I've been cheering for Floyd through The Tour. Today it was painful to watch him crack on the final climb and lose so much time.

But...throughout the race I've been impressed by how Floyd presents/handles himself in the spotlight. He never makes excuses, praises his team and other riders, isn't overly confident and answers most questions directly. Even today, after a difficult performance he came out of his hotel and faced reporters. This is a class act.

This years Tour has been fun to watch because it is so wide open but I've also enjoyed a relatively ego free race. Most of the competitors have been reluctant to say the race is over and willing to admit their limitations. Finally, some great role models from the sports world.

Real guys layin it out for all to see. Let the best man win.

2 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

hell yeah

Anonymous said...

every procyclist I've met personally and talked to during my trips are just unique and beautiful human beings...that is why i love this sport...