Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ultrasound is Megacool

Yesterday was our first ultrasound appointment. I remember being impressed when Little M was in the oven but I had forgotten how cool it really is. Seeing tiny fingers, toes, heads and hearts on the monitor makes it all very real.

It would have been more fun if we were just there for the pictures but Ali had amnio as well. Not a procedure for someone who does not like needles. It was touch and go for a few minutes but she recovered nicely in true Ali fashion. I was amazed at how much fluid they drew. She's taking it as easy as possible for a few days and we're keeping our fingers crossed until the results return.

6 comments:

elis said...

That is so cool, wow! I love the little notes on the pics, too :).

~ lauren said...

i see him!

Chris said...

A boy!

X Bunny said...

would it be totally un-pc to say something about how his head sorta looks like an alien?

ok, look at how cute he is!!

and his weiner looks pretty impressive......or maybe she just had the umbilical cord twisted around between her legs....

Johnny GoFast said...

I remember the amnio thing well. They stick this needle in the belly that looks like the size of a broom handle. Then on the ultrasound contraption, you can see the thing invading the womb. The whole time they kept telling me that the needle was no where near the baby. "The size of the drill you're using and the size of the belly you're jamming it into, belies the tale you're spinning there doc," I said. And then I passed out. I hope all goes well with the results.

SpeedySwed said...

Totally awesome you two!