Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Maybe this is it...

Something seems really stale around here. I thought it was the piles of laundry we keep stepping over but that wasn't it. Then I found a bag of persimmons I'd left in the car but that wasn't it. The garden needs some work but that'll have to wait for another day. Then I noticed our last post date...maybe a new post will do the trick.
So, if you haven't figured it out by now we're still here. In addition to logging big miles on the bike we've been hosting TurkeyDay and trying to stay on top of the nuptual party planning. All's going well but blogging has slid to the bottom of the priority list.

We've been riding...a bunch. It's that time of year when we log long miles on short days, in the dark, in the rain, in the cold. Can't let a little weather stop you, just get out and ride.


We did sneak in a session at the track. We spent a Sunday gettin schooled on the ins and outs of the intermediate training sessions. A patient group of folks tolerated our rookie maneuvers. Hopefully we won't be quite as spazzy next time.

We hosted our first Thanksgiving. I've read that some of you out there don't like to cook. That's not the case around this house. We did all the usual stuff but each with a little twist. Given it was Ms. A's first Thanksgiving away from the Windy City clan (ever) we had to do it up right. I think we got a big thumbs up.


For this coming weekend it turns out there's a gathering of math geeks in Asilomar...and, while I'm qualified to attend (on the geek front anyway) I'm going to tag along but spend my days riding and taking pictures. So, if you see a guy in dots riding hard while doing his darndest to make it look effortless be sure to wave and I'll wave back.

2 comments:

Gianni said...

Waving is good for the soul.

You should ride up the bike path to Fort Ord on Sunday and see the thrashin's.

Itinerant Rick said...

This reminds me that I need to get onto Annabelle's list for those track sessions, now that the bike seems to be behavin'.

Long rides are good. If I were there on my own for a day I would be tempted to either do a lunch run to Big Sur, or do the loop around the north end of the Santa Lucia's and come back over Carmel Valley Road; but both of those are pretty much most of the day affairs.