Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm too tired for this...

Random Guy:"Nice battle back there on Wildcat"

I had noticed him as he descended. I was in the middle of a climbing interval and he was pulling into a turnout about a third of the way down the hill. I remember thinking 'Strange place to turn around'. I didn't think much more of it and kept working on my climbing interval until I happened to look back a minute or two later. There he was...I wondered 'Is he trying to catch me on this climb?' Whatever!! I checked again a few minutes later and he had faded. Maybe I was just being paranoid. I reached the summit, finished my interval and decided I'd done enough intensity work for the day.

Then he was there.

Random Guy:"Nice battle back there on Wildcat"

Merkeley Bike: What? Oh, ya...(I'm too tired for this)

10 comments:

X Bunny said...

i think i know that guy--did he have green, pointy ears?

Gianni said...

Just nod and smile.

Allison Krasnow said...

was his helmet on backwards?

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i've found ...


it's always a race.


whether we want it or not.

- - -

silly bike people.




... merkeleys said "intensity."

Gianni said...

Yes he did.

Chris said...

What a tool.

marscat said...

arrrrgh! i hate that.

EB said...

But if he started it and then lost, isn't it just a failed offensive & not a battle?

(Tempted to say "the war in Iraq", but I won't go there on your blog...)

Johnny GoFast said...

No doubt, somewhere right now, that guy is telling the same story. However, his ends with a, "the guy had to be doped."

Ron Castia said...

I like Olaf's response to the Mt. Biker a few months ago.
"Dude, what made you think you were even on the radar screen?"

Or tell him you have to do 5 more of those in this set.